Lona Bailey has her M.A. in Professional Counseling from Liberty University in Lynchburg, VA. She also has her B.S. in Public Relations from Middle Tennessee State University.
Lona specializes in trauma and grief work with a special interest in cultic studies and spiritual abuse. She has completed her training in EMDR levels 1 and 2 and integrates the EMDR modality into her work counseling individual adults and teens. In 2015, she received her diploma in Crisis Response & Trauma Care through the AACC’s Light University; she also has received training in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and has been trained as a Restore Ministries Group Facilitator.
She is an active member of the following organizations:
- American Association of Christian Counseling
- Nashville Psychotherapy Institute
- International Cultic Studies Association
- National Institute for the Psychotherapies
Lona is a Tennessee native and a published author who is passionate about walking alongside those who are struggling with a variety of concerns, from day-to-day stressors to more serious concerns such as crisis, trauma, abuse, and loss. She uses an integrative approach to create a safe, non-judgmental, and compassionate environment in which individuals can explore and heal.
In her spare time, Lona enjoys theatre, her dogs, spending time with family and friends, and strong coffee.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Public Relations, Middle Tennessee State University
- Master’s of Arts in Professional Counseling, Liberty University
- EMDR Trauma Therapy Trained Levels I & II
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Restore Ministries Group Facilitator
Supervised by Dr. Joyce Sloan, License #:1904